Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dedication!

So this blogging thing is harder than I thought to keep up with! It gives me a new appreciation for all the blogs I read regularly. You guys rock!

It's not that I haven't been cooking lately, I've been cooking up a storm! Last night my friend and I made seasoned chickpea tacos a la Happy Herbivore So I was a little late (I think the post was back from 2008!) But the tacos were still delicious. We ate the with some tabouli salad and whole wheat pitas. Our dinner was like the UN of meals. Definitely a random assortment of flavors, but the chickpea tacos AND the salad both had lemon juice... so that tied it all together... ha!

The chickpeas were deliciously roasted in the oven, I'd never had them prepared that way before! For the tabouli salad, I used a boxed mix, and added in onions, cucumbers and tomatoes. It was quite delicious if I do say so myself! I'll try to post some pictures up here soon.

It was yet another successful vegan dinner!


Another highlight of the week, I made some vegan brownies. I took them to a "girls night" on Tuesday, and didn't mention they were vegan until AFTER everyone ate them and said they were good! Why do people assume vegan food isn't going to taste as good as "regular" food?? Needless to say, I think they were impressed!!! I used the recipe linked above, but I only had an 8X8 pan. So I split it into two batches, and for the second one, I added about 1/2 cup of shredded coconut. That was definitely a good idea! It added a nice texture to the brownies. Oh, I also added in about 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips. Can't get enough chocolate! Now go try that recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment