Monday, May 24, 2010

Favorite Food Books!

I've been reading some great food books lately. I just finished In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan. GREAT book! I highly recommend it. It's not only informative, but also an entertaining read. You'll have trouble putting it down, trust me!

Now I'm reading a Food Politics. This one is much more... scientific. (Is that the right word? I'm not sure.) So it's a bit of a slower read, but it's still very interesting. It's making me very very skeptical about food marketing. There are some crazy tactics out there, and now I see how many of them I've fallen for!

I've also been watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. (I know, I know, I was a little slow to catch up on this one! Thank goodness for Hulu!) It was so cool to see how involved he was in the lives of those families!

Being in the marketing field has definitely made me more aware of advertising tactics, but I guess I never thought they were so... deceptive, particularly with food and health claims. It's disappointing the way government regulations fail to push on these issues.

Does anyone have any other book or documentary recommendations for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment